Dam and Water Resource Constructors
- ASI Constructors, Inc. is a self-performing heavy-civil contractor specializing in the construction and rehabilitation of dams, spillways, and major water resource projects.
ASI provides our clients innovative and cost-effective solutions to their complex projects. Sophisticated engineering and construction technologies, an honest commitment to fair business dealings along with a partnering approach to our work, and a genuine culture of safety and quality management are the foundations that we build on in all of our projects.
ASI maintains an operations-driven focus where performance defines success in all aspects of our business.
ASI General Contractors, Inc was founded in 1978 in Buena Vista, Colorado. The company was owned and managed by two partners and operated as a regional heavy-civil contractor, with a work portfolio that varied from small dams, tunnels, and industrial construction with annual revenues typically at $10 million. Buckhorn Dam
In 1984 the company constructed Middle Fork Dam in Parachute, CO. This was the second Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) dam built in the United States. Throughout the mid 1980’s the company established itself as a leader in RCC dam construction.
In 1987 the company was reorganized as ASI RCC, Inc. with ownership maintained by one of the original principals and several minority partners. The company continued to operate as a heavy-civil contractor in the Rocky Mountain region and also maintained a leading position in the continually growing RCC dam construction market.
In 1997 the majority ownership of ASI RCC, Inc. was purchased by Patel Engineering, Ltd. and at that time two long-time shareholders assumed management responsibility for all company operations. Between 1997 and 2000 annual revenues were increased from $20 million to $50 million as the company expanded operations to both the Southeast and Pacific Northwest
Loch Raven DamASI Constructors, Inc. was incorporated in December 2005 in Colorado. In this corporate transition key management individuals purchased the majority of assets from the previous shareholders and re-established ASI Constructors as a domestic corporation.
The company remains privately owned by managing principals and key employees with proven track records for successful project delivery through a professional and hands-on approach to business and field operations.
ASI is headquartered in Pueblo West, Colorado and operates throughout the United States.
Annual water resource construction in the United States has fluctuated between $2.6 and $3.1 billion since 2000. Continued strong population growth has created strong pressure to increase water storage and distribution system capacities throughout the nation. Wesley Seale Dam Spillway
Dams and reservoir systems are the most economic means to store and distribute municipal and irrigation water, as well as providing for flood control, hydroelectric power generating capacity, and recreational use. These multiple benefits have created a stable and steadily growing market for new dam construction.
More than 79,000 dams have been built for water supply, power, irrigation, flood control, and recreation in the United States. Many of these fail to meet modern engineering standards and most pre-1960’s-era facilities do not meet current regulatory safety criteria.
Existing dams have typically been designed for a service life of 50 years. Today, more than 30% of these structures have surpassed their original design life and require replacement or major rehabilitation, and before 2020 this figure will increase to 80% of dams in the nation.
Failures of aging dams can be catastrophic, with damage measured in lost lives, displaced communities, and multiple-millions of dollars. Recent dam failures throughout the country have brought the condition of our nations dams into the media and political spotlights, and many states have embarked on major upgrade requirements for dams.
Dam construction and rehabilitation is a technically challenging division of the water resources construction market. ASI is a proven leader among contracting firms in this growing market segment with a 30 year history of successful project delivery.
Tom Miller DamASI Constructor’s principals have been responsible for the profitable management and construction of revenues that consistently ranks within ENR’s top 5 in dams since 2001, exclusively in dam construction and rehabilitation.
ASI’s client base includes Federal government agencies such as the US Army Corps of Engineers, US Bureau of Reclamation, NRCS and Fish & Wildlife Service, various State and Municipal government agencies, regional and local water infrastructure districts, and private hydroelectric power generation utilities.
ASI is a construction leader in the water resources industry, having successfully completed more than one hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects and thirty new Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) dams.
Who Is ASI?
* An industry leader in dam and water resource construction;
* Specialists in RCC dam construction;
* Experienced, proven, professional construction managers and engineers;
* Skilled Craftsmen;
* A company dedicated to innovation, excellence, enthusiasm and integrity in our work
What Does ASI Offer?
* Your next water resources project - constructed on-time and within budget;
* 30+ years proven experience in challenging water resources construction;
* A company commitment to quality, safety, integrity, cooperation and fairness;
* Innovation, resourcefulness and dedication that will overcome any challenges a project presents;
* A thorough understanding of issues that affect cost;
* Design assist and design build capabilities.
Who Does ASI Serve?
* Federal & State government agencies;
* Water, irrigation and flood control districts;
* Power producers and utilities;
* Mine owners/operators;
* Private water resource owners;
* Engineers/Designers requiring construction partners;
* Engineers, consultants and owners requiring RCC expertise.
- dams, tunnels, environmental remediation projects, heavy engineering construction, roller compacted concrete, RCC Dam Construction, Concrete Dam Construction, Rockfill Dam Construction, Zoned Earthfill, Tailings Dam Construction, Concrete Faced Rockfill, Heavy Gate Installation, Valve Installation, Diversion Cofferdam Construction, CC Production, RCC Placement, On-Site Production, Floating Plant Experience, Blasted Rock Excavation, Extensive Foundation Cleanup, Aggregate Washing Screenig, Quarry Development, Structural Steel Erection, High Velocity Steel, Foundation Grouting