Where innovation meets values.
- We advocate with our clients the development of buildings, spaces, and products that are safe for all living things. At GHumili Construction, Inc. we minimize waste through the reduction, reuse, or recycling of products and encourage the development and use of reclaimed, salvaged, and recycled products.
Definition of Design-a-Building:
Design-a-Building is a construction project delivery system. The Design-a-Building team is usually the general contractor and a design professional. This system is used to minimize the project risk for clients and to reduce the delivery schedule by overlapping the design and construction phase of a project. Design-a-Building focuses on combining the design, permit, and construction schedules. This does not shorten the time it takes to complete the individual tasks of creating construction documents, acquiring building and other permits, or actually constructing the building.
It is important to note that the Design-a-Building method, while not focused on saving the clients construction costs on the whole project. The compression is an important aspect of the implementation of this system. Other potential attributes include:
• Enhanced Communication between us and the client.
• Increased accountability by us
• A value based project feedback system
The design parameters of a project are developed along with the budgetary goals-construction methodologies and budget conditions are weighed simultaneously . A project is using the Design-a-Building method more likely to be realized than with a pure design approach.
Value-based Project Feedback;
In order for a contractor to bid on a project, very specific details relating to the methods and materials must be given to avoid any ambiguity. In the GHumili context, the owner, the owner’s other consultants, and the GHumili can work together to determine what methods and materials will maximize the owner’s value. In instances where marginally more expensive materials, designs, or construction methods might yield a higher return on investments for the owner than those of lower cost, the owner is free to adjust the project’s program without having to re-bid the entire project.
- General contractor, Construction, Commercial Contractor, Single family Home